Rockaway Beach: Home of NYC’s FIRST Surfing Beach!
Rockaway Beach Civic Association
RBCA has been in existence since 1962. We strive to protect and promote the best interest of the residents; to promote and strive for the improvement and betterment of all public facilities and services; to promote and encourage a better community and civic spirit of Rockaway Beach.
News & Announcements
Thursday, September 6, 2018
Knights of Columbus
333 Beach 90th Street
Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Updates from elected officials and representatives
- NYC DOT representative and discussion
- Discussion regarding proposed parking changes in locations detailed below*
- Summary of 8/7/2018 meeting hosted by Queens Borough President, Melinda Katz, regarding beach closures
- New Business/Old Business
- Location: Westside of Beach 99 Street from Rockaway Beach Blvd to Shore Front Parkway. Change the No Parking Anytime restriction to ‘No Parking on School Days from 7am-4pm’.
- Location: Rockaway Freeway from Beach 81 St to Beach 84 Street. Add parking on the north side of the Rockaway Freeway in front of the Dog Park.
D.O.T. – basic general guidelines – each street would have to be surveyed for its unique characteristics and conditions:
- Parking lane requires min 8 feet
- Driving lane requires min 10 feet
- ONE Way Street = 18 ft. for parking on one side, 26 ft. for parking on two sides
- TWO Way Street = 28 ft. for parking on one side, 36 ft. for parking on two side