Rockaway Beach: Home of NYC’s FIRST Surfing Beach!
Rockaway Beach Civic Association
RBCA has been in existence since 1962. We strive to protect and promote the best interest of the residents; to promote and strive for the improvement and betterment of all public facilities and services; to promote and encourage a better community and civic spirit of Rockaway Beach.
News & Announcements
Thursday, November 1, 2018
Knights of Columbus
333 Beach 90th Street
Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Updates from elected officials and representatives
- Vote on open motion on proposed parking changes in locations detailed below*
- NYC DOT neighborhood updates presented by NYC DOT Queens Borough Commissioner, Nicole Garcia and NYC DOT Queens Deputy Commissioner, Al Silvestri
- RBCA Holiday Party update and request for volunteers
- New Business/Old Business
*For discussion regarding parking:
- Location: Westside of Beach 99 Street from Rockaway Beach Blvd to Shore Front Parkway. Change the No Parking Anytime restriction to ‘No Parking on School Days from 7am-4pm’.
- Location: Rockaway Freeway from Beach 81 St to Beach 84 Street. Add parking on the north side of the Rockaway Freeway in front of the Dog Park.
RBCA AdHoc Committee on Parking study completed in October 2016
|Street||Block/ Cross Streets||Width||Current Conditions||Potential|
|B 99 St||SFP to RBB||30 ft||One way street – parking on east side. West side- St Camillus School No Parking Anytime||Has potential for parking on west side of street with school restriction parking in front of the school.|
|RF||B81-B84 St||No parking in front of or near Dog Park – WIDE center painted yellow median||Narrow painted center median and create parking spots on north side of street in front of dog park|
D.O.T. – basic general guidelines – each street would have to be surveyed for its unique characteristics and conditions:
- Parking lane requires min 8 feet
- Driving lane requires min 10 feet
- ONE Way Street = 18 ft. for parking on one side, 26 ft. for parking on two sides
- TWO Way Street = 28 ft. for parking on one side, 36 ft. for parking on two side